Monday, December 6, 2010

Sleeping is giving in.....by Arcade Fire


As 2010 closes, I have cinched up a lot of personal goals and projects as Poet Laureate of Tacoma. Now, I am beginning planning new projects and laying plans for the upcoming year and my poetry. At this point, I am gearing up to write book #2.

I'm entering into a very incubatory, productive and creative time for my writing. As poet laureate of Tacoma for the past 8-9 months, I have been on the go--taking action! Lots of readings, workshop teaching, volunteering, school visits, lectures et al. I'm looking forward to a more reflective pace of the holidays and the slowing nature of snow here...it has a way of shutting the world down, which makes for lots of writing time for me--as long as the power doesn't go out in Pierce County. :/

I'm working on a poem right now and listening to the bass-driven, piano-plinky, hypnotic build of Arcade Fire's song-- Rebellion (lies). I cannot stop playing this tune in my car, on my computer, in my mp3 player. Listen to it... you won't be able to get it out of your head. Tight song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNfWC4Sgkcs

No comments: